Learn Icelandic #03: I don’t ever want to leave – can I stay forever?

Today’s phrase comes from Karen and Kat: I don’t ever want to leave – can I stay forever.

Ég vil aldrei fara – get ég verið hér að eilífu

By the way, my stupid audio editing software decided it was not in the mood to work with me today which is why you don’t get any intro or upbeat music with this one. I’m thinking about whether I can be bothered with getting to the bottom of what happened so while I do that, this will have to do.

Don’t forget that you can influence which phrases you are going to learn by sending me your suggestions.

6 thoughts on “Learn Icelandic #03: I don’t ever want to leave – can I stay forever?”

1. Bruno Bord says:

Looks like this post is not in the right category, I think it should belong to the “Learn Icelandic” section.

You are right – thank you 🙂 Was obviously too tired when I did this last night

2. Daniel says:

I love the “learn icelandic” posts! I was in Iceland this summer, and this is exactly the phrase that was going through my head – now I can practice it in icelandic! thanks!

3. Karen and Kat says:

Thank you! We haven’t actually visited yet! We will be there for four days in September and we already know we won’t want to leave! 🙂

4. Louise says:

I do not like the inbetween seasons either! In Shetland we experience the very dark winters and the long light summers too (though not as dark and light as you!) I like the summer and I like the winter, but I do not appreciate the transition so much…the creeping darkness!
    Keep on teaching us Icelandic! 🙂

5. Gwen says:

We spent almost two weeks ainIceland in February of 2013 and found the weather to be much better than expected. it was actually warmer then at home in New Jersey. I am hoping to come back next summer to do a trek on Icelandic horses so I hope you have a better summer then this year!